Connect with us

Latest News

Trump says he met Prince of ‘Whales’ in tweet blunder | US News

Published

on

Donald Trump has deleted a tweet where he referred to the UK’s future king as the “Prince of Whales”.

The US president made the gaffe as he claimed his recent meeting with Charles proves he talks to foreign governments every day about “everything”.

Addressing reports he would take foreign information on a rival in the 2020 US election, the president referred to his state visit to Britain last week where he met the Prince of Wales, misspelling his official title.

The president tweeted: “I meet and talk to ‘foreign governments’ every day.

trump calls charles the prince of whales

“I just met with the Queen of England (UK), the Prince of Whales, the PM of the United Kingdom, the PM of Ireland, and the President of Poland.”

Mr Trump deleted the tweet and reposted it 25 minutes later, correcting his mistake.

The tweet was in response to an interview with NBC journalist George Stephanopoulos, in which he suggested he would be open to accepting dirt on his 2020 opponent if it was offered by a foreign power.

He said in the interview: “There’s nothing wrong with listening.

“If somebody called from a country – Norway – we have information on your opponent, oh, I think I’d want to hear it.”

Tweeting on Thursday, the president continued and denied any suggestion of wrongdoing.

He added: “Should I immediately call the FBI about these calls and meetings?

“How ridiculous. I would never be trusted again.

“With that being said, my full answer is rarely played out by the Fake News Media.”

This is not the first Twitter gaffe the president has made.

Who could forget the great Covfefe gaffe of 2017?

Donald Trump's Covfefe tweet
Image:
What’s covfefe???

We still don’t know what that one meant, but the president tweeted: “Without the constant negative press covfefe.”

Twitter users went into meltdown over what the president had meant to write, coming up with their own theories.

Later, he fired off another tweet saying: “Who can figure out the true meaning of covfefe ??? Enjoy!”.

But the president is aware the Fake News Media is always “looking for a mistake”.

A mistake like the one he made in that very tweet, in which he was praising his own book success and priding himself on his “ability to write“.

Mr Trump wrote: “After having written many best selling books, and somewhat priding myself on my ability to write, it should be noted that the Fake News constantly likes to pour over my tweets looking for a mistake. I capitalize certain words only for emphasis, not b/c they should be capitalized!”

Shortly after, Mr Trump’s original tweet was deleted, and replaced with a new version which used the correct spelling of “pore”.

While Trump was explaining capitalisation, he forgot to check his spelling
Image:
While Trump was explaining capitalisation, he forgot to check his spelling

And last but not least, in December 2016, he tweeted about the “unpresidented” act of China capturing a US Navy research drone.

Oh, and the time he tried to tweet his daughter Ivanka to praise her as a “great, a woman with real character and class”, but ended up tweeting a lady in Brighton with the same name.

Source link

Continue Reading

Latest News

Amanda Knox in Italy for first time since acquittal to discuss ‘murder I didn’t commit’ | World News

Published

on

Amanda Knox has arrived in Italy for the first time since being acquitted of killing British student Meredith Kercher in Perugia.

The American former exchange student, 31, is due to take part in a panel discussion on wrongful convictions in Modena on Saturday.

Accompanied by her mother Edda Mellas and fiance Christopher Robinson at Milan’s Linate airport, she did not respond to reporters’ questions.

Amanda Knox arrives Italy to speak at the Criminal Justice Festival in Milan
Image:
Knox will be speaking in Modena

Prior to her arrival she published an essay called “Your Content, My Life”, discussing her decision to accept an invitation from the Italy Innocence Project.

In it, she said that “while on trial for a murder I didn’t commit, my prosecutor painted me as a sex-crazed femme fatale”.

She added that the media “profited for years by sensationalising an already sensational and utterly unjustified story”.

It was “on us to stop making and stop consuming such irresponsible media”, she wrote.

She had chosen “not to do interviews in the lead up to Italy, in the hopes that what I will say in Modena will speak for itself”, she said on Twitter.

Ms Knox added that she was “ever suspect of the press and media because of the loss of friends and supporters who found greater comfort in entertainment than truth”.

When it emerged last month that she was travelling to Italy, she tweeted: “The Italy Innocence Project didn’t yet exist when I was wrongly convicted in Perugia.

“I’m honoured to accept their invitation to speak to the Italian people at this historic event and return to Italy for the first time.”

Ms Kercher had her throat slashed and was stabbed 47 times
Image:
Meredith Kercher was killed in November 2007

Ms Knox and her former boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, were convicted of the 2007 murder of 21-year-old Ms Kercher in 2009.

The Briton was stabbed 47 times and her throat slashed at the flat she shared with Ms Knox.

The American spent four years in prison, before being cleared on appeal in 2011.

Italian courts overturned the acquittal in 2014, but Italy’s highest court overturned the conviction definitively in 2015.

Judges ruled there had not been enough evidence to prove their wrongdoing beyond reasonable doubt, and said there were no “biological traces” firmly connecting them to the murder.

An immigrant from the Ivory Coast, Rudy Guede, is serving a 16-year jail sentence for the murder of Ms Kercher.

Prosecutors have maintained that the wounds sustained by Ms Kercher were inflicted by more than one person.

A conviction against Ms Knox for falsely accusing a bar owner in the case has been upheld.



Source link

Continue Reading

Latest News

Vodafone services worldwide hit by internet failure | Business News

Published

on

Vodafone customers worldwide have faced disruption to their mobile internet and broadband services because of a glitch.

Users in the UK, Ireland, Portugal, Germany, Greece and Italy took to social media – despite connectivity difficulties – to say there were problems just before 3pm UK time.

The company later confirmed the failure of an international link also meant disruption further afield – in Australia and India.

A spokesperson said: “We aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their mobile data and broadband services.

“Our engineers are working hard to fix the issue and services are now being restored.

“This could take some time before they are working as normal. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.”

It is understood the company was initially re-routing internet traffic to get around the problem.

Vodafone will be desperate to avoid PR disasters at a time when it is looking to recover from a big annual loss and invest in the 5G future at the same time.

:: Vodafone slashes share payout following £6.6bn annual loss

The glitch happened just weeks before Vodafone in the UK is due to launch of its first 5G services.

The 5G fanfare – slated for 3 July.- will be limited to seven cities initially.

Source link

Continue Reading

Trending