Connect with us

The former boxer who could be America’s most prolific serial killer has drawn more than a dozen sketches of women he says murdered.

Samuel Little, now 78, has confessed to 90 murders, mostly of black women, from across the US and spanning 40 years.

He is currently serving life for the murders of three women – and he has confessed to killing dozens more across America between 1970 to 2005. He is expected to die in prison in Texas.

According to the FBI, Little “remembers his victims and the killings in great detail” but is “less reliable, however, when it comes to remembering dates”.

Some of the victims. Pic: FBI
Image:
Little says he claimed the lives of 90 people. Pic: FBI

Police are now working to verify the victims from his new confession, releasing an updated map marking the location of his attacks. Eight cases were removed after being confirmed or matched to open cases.

In the Wednesday update to the information published by the FBI in November, one formerly unmatched confession has been matched to a Jane Doe (a term for an unidentified victim).

Although the exact time of when Little drew the pictures isn’t known, the FBI said they were based on his memories of some of his victims.

An FBI statement says Little targeted “marginalised and vulnerable women who were often involved in prostitution and addicted to drugs.”

An updated FBI map showing the locations where Little killed his victims, according to his confessions
Image:
An updated FBI map showing the locations where Little killed his victims, according to his confessions

Agents hope the information will spark the memory of members of the public and generate tips to help solve the dozens of unsolved murders.

Ector County district attorney Bobby Bland in Odessa, Texas, said 50 cold homicide cases have been closed as a result.

Most of the unsolved murder remaining are in California.

Little could be worst serial killer in US history, although only a handful of his confessions have so far been matched to victims by police.

Currently, the deadliest known US serial killer is believed to be Gary Ridgway, otherwise known as “Green River Killer”, who was convicted of 49 murders and is serving a life sentence in Washington state.

:: Samuel Little’s confessions, as set out by the FBI

Phoenix, Arizona

:: Unmatched Confession: Hispanic female in her 40s. Killed in 1988 or 1996. Victim possibly from Phoenix.

:: Unmatched Confession: White female killed in 1997. Victim possibly called “Ann.”

North Little Rock, Arkansas

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1992 or 1993.

Pine Bluff, Arkansas

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed between 1990 and 1997.

West Memphis, Arkansas

:: Confession Matched to a Jane Doe: Black female between 28-29 years old killed in 1984. Victim picked up in Memphis, Tennessee.

A confirmed victim: a Jane Doe who was a black female aged between 28-29 and killed in 1984. Pic: FBI
Image:
A confirmed victim: a Jane Doe who was a black female aged between 28-29 and killed in 1984. Pic: FBI

San Bernardino, California

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between the ages of 18-23 killed in 1984.

Los Angeles, California

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1987.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1987.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 19, killed in 1987.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 50, killed in 1987. Victim possibly called “Granny.”

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between 22-23 years old killed in 1987.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between 26-27 years old killed in 1987.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between 40-45 years old killed in 1990 or 1991. Victim possibly called “Alice.”

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between 20-22 years old killed in 1991 or 1992. Victim possibly from San Francisco.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1992.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1992 or 1993.

:: Unmatched Confession: Hispanic female between 24-25 years old killed in 1992 or 1993. Victim possibly from Phoenix.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between 23-25 years old killed in 1996.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between 23-24 years old killed in 1996. Victim possibly called “T-Money.”

:: Unmatched Confession: White female between 23-25 years old killed in 1996.

An unmatched confession of a while woman aged between 23-25 years old, killed in 1996. Pic: FBI
Image:
An unmatched confession of a while woman aged between 23-25 years old, killed in 1996. Pic: FBI

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female age 25 killed in 1996.

Homestead, Florida

:: Unmatched Confession: White female killed in 1970 or 1971.

Miami, Florida

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 22, killed in 1971.Victim possibly called “Linda.”

:: Unmatched Confession: Black male, age 18, killed in 1971 or 1972. Victim possibly called “Mary Ann” or “Marianne.”

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 28, killed in 1971 or 1972. Victim possibly worked on Homestead Air Force Base.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between 23-24 years old killed in the mid 1970s. Victim possibly called “Emily.” Victim possibly worked at the University of Miami.

Kendall, Florida

:: Unmatched Confession: White female age 45 killed in 1973. Victim possibly called “Sarah.” Victim possibly from Massachusetts.

Fort Myers, Florida

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1984.
Tampa Bay, Florida

::Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1984.

Plant City, Florida

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1977 or 1978. Met victim in Clearwater, Florida.

Savannah, Georgia

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between 22-23 years old killed in 1974.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female age 23 killed in 1984.

Atlanta, Georgia

An unmatched confession of a black woman aged between 35-40 years old, killed in 1981. Pic: FBI
Image:
An unmatched confession of a black woman aged between 35-40 years old, killed in 1981. Pic: FBI

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between 35-40 years old killed in 1981.

:: Unmatched Confession: White female, age 26, killed in 1983 or 1984. Victim possibly from Griffith, Georgia.

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between 23-25 years old killed in 1984. Victim possibly a college student.

Macon, Georgia

:: Confession Matched to a Jane Doe: Black female between 30-40 years old killed in 1977.

Dade County, Georgia

:: Confession Matched to a Jane Doe: Black female between 25-30 years old killed in 1980 or 1981. Met the victim in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Granite City, Illinois

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 26, killed between 1976 and 1979. Met victim in St. Louis, Missouri. Victim possibly called “Jo.”

An unmatched confession of a victim, possible called Jo, a black female, age 26, killed between 1976 and 1979. Pic: FBI
Image:
An unmatched confession of a victim, possible called Jo, a black female, age 26, killed between 1976 and 1979. Pic: FBI

East St. Louis, Illinois

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed between 1976 and 1979. Met victim in St. Louis, Missouri.

Covington, Kentucky

:: Unmatched Confession: White female killed in 1984. Met victim in Columbus, Ohio. Body disposed of somewhere in Northern Kentucky (city unspecified).

New Orleans, Louisiana

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1973. Victim possibly called “Sarah.” Victim possibly worked at a restaurant in New Orleans.

:: Unmatched Confession: White female killed in 1982.

Monroe, Louisiana

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 24, killed between 1987 and the early 1990s.

An unmatched confession of a black woman, aged 24, killed between 1987 and the early 1990s. Pic: FBI
Image:
An unmatched confession of a black woman, aged 24, killed between 1987 and the early 1990s. Pic: FBI

Prince George’s County, Maryland

:: Confession Matched to a Jane Doe: White female between 20-25 years old killed in 1972. Victim possibly from Massachusetts.

Gulfport, Mississippi

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 22, killed between 1980 and 1984.

Pascagoula, Mississippi

:: Confession Matched to a Jane Doe: Black female between 35-45 years old killed in 1977. Met the victim in Gulfport, Mississippi. Victim possibly from Pascagoula. Victim possibly worked at Ingalls Shipyard.

A drawing matched to a 'Jane Doe', a black woman aged between 35-45 years old killed in 1977. Pic: FBI
Image:
A drawing matched to a ‘Jane Doe’, a black woman aged between 35-45 years old killed in 1977. Pic: FBI

Las Vegas, Nevada

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 40, killed in 1993.

Cincinnati, Ohio

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1974.

Charleston, South Carolina

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 28, killed between 1977 and 1982.

Knoxville, Tennessee

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female, age 25, killed in 1975.

Wichita Falls, Texas

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female killed in 1976 or 1977. Body disposed of somewhere outside of Wichita Falls (city unspecified).

Houston, Texas

:: Unmatched Confession: Black female between 25-28 years old killed between 1976 and 1979 or in 1993.

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

New York City vows to end hairstyle discrimination after ‘racist stereotypes’ | US News

Published

on

New guidelines have been introduced in New York City to stop hairstyle discrimination.

Employers have been warned they could face legal action for banning styles associated with black people, such as afros, dreadlocks or corn rows, or for instructing black workers to straighten their hair.

Numerous schools until now have banned dreadlocks, afros and other hairstyles.

The legal guidance says existing human rights law protects New Yorkers’ right to “maintain natural hair or hairstyles that are closely associated with their racial, ethnic or cultural identities”.

Although the protections apply to everyone, they were prompted mainly by “racist stereotypes that black hairstyles are unprofessional”, the NYC Commission on Human Rights said.

some schools have banned dreadlocks, afros and other ways of wearing hair
Image:
Some schools have banned dreadlocks, afros and other ways of wearing hair

The commission’s chairwoman Carmelyn P Malalis tweeted after releasing the guidelines: “Hair is a part of you. Race discrimination based on hair is illegal in NYC.”

The guidance in effect enables people to take companies and organisations to court if they have been harassed or punished in workplaces, schools or public spaces because of their hair texture or style.

However, hair nets and bands can still be required for health and safety reasons.

In December, a white referee sparked uproar when he told a black New Jersey high school wrestler to cut his dreadlocks before a match or forfeit it.



Black high school wrestler Andrew Johnson was forced to have his dreadlocks cut off by a white referee in order to compete







Black US wrestler forced to cut dreads

Although the teenager had his hair cut, many criticised the demand, including the state’s governor and an Olympic wrestler.

Last year, the Supreme Court refused to hear a discrimination case involving a black Alabama woman who said she was sacked from her job because she refused to cut her dreadlocks.

An appeal found in favour of the employer and said federal law protects people from discrimination based on “immutable characteristics, but not their cultural practices”.

New York City’s human rights law is distinct from federal anti-discrimination law.

Ms Malalis said: “There’s nothing keeping us from calling out these policies prohibiting natural hair or hairstyles most closely associated with black people.”

Source link

Continue Reading

Latest News

Scraping for food to survive: Inside the frontline of Yemen’s devastating civil war | World News

Published

on

Yemen’s warring parties have agreed to withdraw their forces from Hodeidah – providing fresh hope for the fragile ceasefire in the city.

No timeline has been announced for the withdrawal – it was originally scheduled for last month.

But Sky News has been told by forces who are reporting daily violations that the ceasefire agreement could collapse at any time.

An agreement was reached between Yemen’s UN-recognised government and their rivals – the Houthis – at the end of last year.

A coalition soldier surveys the rotting grain in a silo that could feed 3.7 million people
Image:
A coalition soldier surveys the rotting grain in a silo that could feed 3.7 million people

And amid this grinding war a desperate population struggling to survive is scraping in the dirt for whatever handouts they can get.

Sky News gained rare access to Hodeidah by travelling along Yemen’s west coast.

We were taken to the Red Sea Flour Mills on the edge of the city.

The front line position is now controlled by the coalition – inside the stores the grain is spoiling in the heat.

Aid agencies say although the fighting has paused they can’t cross the front lines to access the supplies.

Under the agreement of the new talks this should change and access should be allowed but confidence and trust between the two sides remains low.

Grain in a silo
Image:
Tonnes of grain is in silos in Hodeidah but the people are unable to access it

The UN says the grain is enough to feed 3.7 million people for a month – vital food in a country where 10 million people are on the brink of famine.

Emirati forces claim it is the Houthis, who are less than a kilometre away, who are blocking distribution.

They have been accused of shelling the grain silos so that one was set alight and is still burning several weeks later.

The Houthis have meanwhile accused the coalition of violating the agreement.

A coalition soldier in Yemen
Image:
Saudi and Emirati-led coalition soldiers are fighting Houthis in Yemen

The break in the fighting between the Iran-backed rebels and the Saudi-led coalition is the only flicker of hope for Yemen.

It is place where light no longer shines – famine and starvation stalk the population.

At a field hospital near Hodeidah the medical staff are barely coping – the place is full of sick and hungry children.

Some 13 days after she was admitted, Bashira is still struggling to breathe.

A hole in the roof of the silo shows the state of the store which could feed Yemen's people
Image:
A hole in the roof of the silo shows the state of the store which could feed Yemen’s people

The one-year-old’s tiny lungs are weak from lack of food.

Dr Faris Ali Abdu Shami says she’s one of the lucky ones.

“The situation is so bad. And there is not enough support like drugs, food, milk that children like her need,” he says.

I ask him what happens to children like Bashira who don’t get help.

Destruction in Yemen
Image:
More than 10,000 people have been killed so far in Yemen’s war

“They will die,” he replies.

The war erupted out of an Arab Spring uprising.

But the conflict cannot be resolved through military might – the coalition believes controlling the main commercial port will clinch victory and restore Yemen’s internationally recognised government.

The path to a political settlement will not be easy – the roads are littered with IEDs and landmines.

Coalition troops inspect recovered landmines
Image:
Coalition troops inspect recovered landmines

Emirati forces are clearing and destroying them every day but even if the latest talks are successful the risk of further violence is great.

We were shown 1,200 anti-tank mines and 396 IEDs collected from various locations along the west coast of Yemen.

They were taken to the town of Mocha and destroyed.

But for now the stalemate remains and it is delicate.

Both sides have agreed to withdrawal measures but because the issue is so sensitive no timeline has been agreed.

Mines are destroyed
Image:
Thousands of mines are being pulled from the ground and destroyed

If the negotiations fail, the lull in the fighting may not last much longer and the disaster of a full-scale offensive on Hodeidah may become reality.

The UK welcomed the agreement but urged all sides in the conflict to continue working together.

A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesperson said: “The UK welcomes progress made on agreeing redeployment of troops from Hodeidah by the government of Yemen and the Houthis this weekend.

“This encouraging progress represents a significant step forward in the political process. But more careful work remains to be done.

Yemeni forces
Image:
The Houthis have been accused of violations but have agreed to withdraw

“The UK urges all parties to continue to work with the UN Special Envoy to rapidly finalise and implement the agreed plan.

“As the foreign secretary re-emphasised alongside UAE, US and Saudi Arabian foreign ministers at the Yemen Quad in Warsaw, a political settlement remains the only way to bring long-term stability to Yemen and to address the worsening humanitarian crisis.

“The Yemeni parties must engage constructively and in good faith to overcome obstacles and find a political solution to end the conflict.”

Source link

Continue Reading

Latest News

Kashmir: India-Pakistan tensions flare as more soldiers are killed in gun battle | World News

Published

on

Tensions in the disputed Kashmir region have escalated further after four Indian soldiers, three suspected militants, a police official and a civilian were killed during a gun battle.

The nine deaths come after a local Kashmiri militant rammed a van fitted with explosives into a paramilitary bus on Thursday, killing at least 40 soldiers.

The suicide bombing was the worst attack against Indian government forces in Kashmir’s history.

Security officials said the latest fighting broke out after government forces surrounded a village in the region of southern Pulwama, following a tip-off that militants were hiding out there.

Residents reported troops destroying one house with explosives during the stand-off
Image:
Residents reported troops destroying one house with explosives during the stand-off

Monday’s violence saw a senior police officer, an army officer and another three soldiers wounded.

Police said troops had come under heavy gunfire as they started conducting searches.

Residents reported troops destroying one house with explosives during the stand-off.

The bodies of two militants were recovered from the debris and a civilian was killed in the crossfire, according to police.

New Delhi has promised a 'jaw-breaking response' to the attack
Image:
New Delhi has promised a ‘jaw-breaking response’ to the attack

Among the soldiers killed in the gun battle was an Indian army major. One of the wounded soldiers is reportedly in a critical condition.

Anti-India protests and clashes followed the fighting, with residents – mainly young people – trying to march to the site of the stand-off in solidarity with the rebels.

Government troops fired tear gas at the protesters, who were reportedly throwing stones.

Vehicles were set alight by demonstrators after the bombing on Thursday
Image:
Vehicles were set alight by demonstrators after the bombing on Thursday

India has blamed Pakistan over Thursday’s suicide bombing as tensions continue to grow between the neighbouring nations.

New Delhi has promised a “jaw-breaking response” to the attack.

However, Pakistan has warned India not to link it with the bombing without an investigation and said it was part of New Delhi’s “known rhetoric and tactics” to divert attention from human rights violations in Kashmir.

Both India and Pakistan administer part of Kashmir but both sides claim the entire region belongs to them.

Source link

Continue Reading

Trending